The main objective of Kippax North Connections is to raise funds to advance the education of our pupils by providing, and/or assisting in the provision of, facilities, equipment and experiences that extend learning. We are a registered charity and all families of the children at our school are automatically members. The Association is managed by a group of volunteers.
- The PTA raises money to support the extras that help to make school special for the children.
- We put on social events that help the school to build links with the local and wider community.
- We work with the School Council to support projects that are initiated and led by the children in the school.
- We represent parents and make sure that they have a voice within the school.
Five Reasons Why Your PTA Matters
1) It is Great For Our Children! Being active in the PTA not only improves our school but makes you an excellent role model. Research confirms what we’ve always known: when children see parents involved in their school and learning, it encourages them to do their best.
2) It Builds Trust: Becoming part of the PTA is a great way to get to know other parents and staff, while gaining an insight into the workings of the school. With parents and staff striving towards the same goals, the parent group is instrumental in making a real difference in the school life of all children.
3) It Raises Welcome Funds: Whether it’s creating an outdoor classroom, stocking the ICT suite with new resources or arranging a visit from a pantomime, the funds raised from PTA activities impact massively on the opportunities and experiences of all the children at our school.
4) It Forges Connections Beyond Our School Gates: PTAs are brilliant for building relationships with the local community, from events, sponsorships from local businesses, and mentions in local press.
5) It Is Good For You: Every parent has plenty to offer a PTA, and whether it’s being on the committee, helping out at events or organising meetings, your talents will be put to good use. As well as being enjoyable and satisfying, you can build your confidence and learn new skills too.